Plan a Bridal Getaway in South Walton
For the Bachelorette:
If there's a better place than the beach to celebrate with your girlfriends before the big day, we don't know of it! We put together a sample itinerary for the ultimate South Walton bachelorette party, though we wouldn't blame you if you just stayed at the beach.
Start your trip with a spa morning. Relax, pamper yourself, and get ready to have a blast. South Walton has a variety of amazing spas to choose from:
- Spa Pearl at The Pearl Hotel
- Beach Ready Spa
- Serenity by the sea Spa at Hilton Sandestin Beach
- Spa Sandestin at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
Next up: shopping. Our 16 beach neighborhoods are filled with boutique shops selling clothes, jewelry, swimwear and more. While away a few hours perusing local, artisan-made leather and pearl jewelry or high-end fashion – or hit the outlet stores! Some great shopping destinations:
- Alys Shoppe in Alys Beach
- Willow + Mercer in Inlet Beach
- Grand Boulevard Town Center in Miramar Beach
- Ophelia Swimwear in Seaside, Seacrest and Sandestin
- Pish Posh Patchouli’s in Rosemary Beach
- Willow + Woods in Rosemary Beach
- The Merchants of Seaside in Seaside
- Silver Sands Premium Outlets in Miramar Beach
After you've shopped 'til you drop, it's time to think about dinner. If you brought a crowd, there are plenty of award-winning restaurants perfectly suited for groups, and in South Walton, the standards for food and ambiance are sky-high. Some great dinner options:
- Seagar's in Sandestin for steak and an award-winning wine list
- Edward’s Fine Food & Wine in Rosemary Beach for French cuisine in a beautiful courtyard
- La Crema for tapas and chocolate in Rosemary Beach
- Caliza in Alys Beach for airy, poolside fine dining
- Vue on 30A in Santa Rosa Beach for a stunning beachside view and classic gourmet eats
- Surfing Deer in Seagrove for a refined international menu with outdoor dining
Fancy a cocktail? No matter your preferred atmosphere, you'll find a spot perfect for catching up with your friends.
- Havana Beach Rooftop Lounge at The Pearl Hotel in Rosemary Beach for a rooftop oasis
- Wine tasting at The Wine Bar in WaterColor
- Sunset cocktails at Bud & Alley’s in Seaside on the roof deck bar
After a packed day, the next morning calls for brunch at Great Southern Café, where you'll find Southern classics like grits à ya ya, crab cakes and fried green tomato benedict.
The best way to see the sights and experience the beach is to rent a bike – plus it's a great way to get your blood flowing after a big brunch! There are tons of great rental spots – search for one closest to you here.
The afternoon can go one of two ways – if you're feeling active, there's tennis, stand-up paddleboarding, kayaking or hiking. If you feel like getting a little culture in, South Walton has an amazing array of art galleries, and you can even take art classes with renowned artists Kathleen Broaderick at Chroma 30A or Mary Hong at The Shard Shop.
And don't forget to spend a little time at the beach!
For the Bachelor:
On top of that, there's a burgeoning craft beer scene, with local breweries Grayton Beer Company and Idyll Hounds Brewing Company, plus some fantastic beer-focused bars. (A craft beer tour is a great option!)