Top 10 Reasons to Host Your Meeting in South Walton
When planning a group event, you're often faced with tradeoffs. Do you want the most spectacular location – one that your guests will always remember? Or do you want the kind of place that makes planning the trip easy? Well, when you plan an event in South Walton, you get both. Here are 10 reasons groups prefer South Walton:
1. It’s Beautiful Here: South Walton is upscale, yet casual and offers a collection of 16 distinct beach neighborhoods, lining 26 miles of sugar-white sand and turquoise water. The beach is pristine, and each neighborhood has its own character -- and they're close enough that you can experience them all.
2. It’s Easy to Get Here: Travel is a breeze. It’s a convenient drive from Atlanta, Birmingham or New Orleans, so your guests will spend less time traveling and more time enjoying the event. South Walton is also located between two nearby airports with direct flights from major cities like Nashville, Dallas and Houston, so it’s a quick trip from most of the U.S.
3. There’s Space for Any Group Size: Whether you're hosting an intimate gathering for 10 or a convention for 1,500, the right space is right here. And no matter what kind of atmosphere you're looking to create, there's an event venue that can make it happen.
4. We Have Over 10,000 Guest Rooms: Finding the perfect accommodations for your group is as easy as figuring out what you want! From grand beach houses to boutique luxury resorts and full-service convention hotels, you won't have trouble setting the tone for a great event.
5. Gulf-to-Table Was Born Here: Every meal is a meal worth remembering. South Walton has over 200 diverse restaurants, and the award-winning Gulf-to-table cuisine ensures that the food will be a highlight of your trip. From four-star fine dining to beachfront casual bites, every appetite will find its match.
6. There’s Team-Building Around Every Corner: Whether you're looking for team-building opportunities at championship golf courses or diverse art galleries, through fishing charters or gliding on coastal dune lakes or the Choctawhatchee Bay, or over drinks at a laid-back wine tasting, you can tailor the experience perfectly to your needs.
7. The Weather is Beautiful All Year: No matter when you schedule your event, South Walton is ready for you with appealing temperatures and natural beauty. Whether you're planning an event in June or January, you'll find weather suitable for the job and a community buzzing and ready to show you a great time.
8. Downtime is the Best Time: When the work day is done, serious relaxation begins. Sink your toes into the sand, hit the spa to unwind or treat yourself to great shopping at an array of high-end boutiques, local artisans’ shops or one of the nation’s largest designer outlets. In South Walton, the challenge might be fitting all your downtime activities into your schedule.
9. You Can Bring Your Family: The beach is both family-friendly and perfect for couples, named one of National Geographic magazine’s best trips around the world for 2019. So, if your guests want to take a little personal time when the event is done, they'll be grateful they're already on vacation.
10. Everything You Need for the Perfect Meeting is in One Place: During and after your events, you get an ideal destination with flexible, unique meeting spaces and accommodations plus a variety of activities. On top of that, it's easy to get to, and any time is the perfect time for a trip!
If you'd like to submit an RFP, click below and we'll help you find the best partner for your event. If you'd just like a little more information, sign up for our eNewsletter or contact us one of three ways:
- Ask An Expert (https://www.visitsouthwalton.com/ask-an-expert)
- Email us at email@example.com
- Give us a call at (800) 822-6877