Enjoy A Self-Guided Holiday Light Tour in South Walton
There's something special about the holidays in South Walton. Whether you've come to swap the winter snow for the sugar-white sand or are here to create new traditions with your loved ones, our beach neighborhoods have decked the halls this holiday season for visitors and locals alike.
And while there's no better light show than a South Walton sunset, we've got the next best thing! After a day at the beach or some last-minute shopping, load up your crew and take a self-guided tour of lights through South Walton, starting on the east end in Inlet Beach.
1. Inlet Beach – A trip to 30Avenue is enhanced by holiday lights festooned to the signature palm trees, complete with classic characters from the Nutcracker ballet, and a large Christmas tree featured in the front greenspace.
2. Rosemary Beach – Twinkling lights lend a festive touch to the live oaks circling both sides of Barrett Square, with a gorgeously decorated Douglas Fir Christmas tree as the main attraction.
3. Alys Beach – Always beautiful, Alys Beach’s signature architecture is enhanced with holiday wreaths and lights, and a 25-foot tall Christmas tree and packages serve as the decorative focus at the amphitheater.
4. Seaside – A visit to Seaside’s amphitheater treats guests to a sparkling display of white holiday lights, with a large Christmas tree added to the top of Airstream Row. Be sure to walk under the arch of the beachfront Coleman Pavilion, where the decorative lights provide a striking and romantic backdrop for photos.
5. WaterColor – Plan a stroll through the walking trails of Cerulean Park, where bright stars overhead are accentuated by a beautifully-lit Christmas tree in the park’s center, along with Holly-adorned arches and other decorative touches placed throughout the park.
6. The Village of Baytowne Wharf – Sandestin’s walkable town center is a classic destination for holiday festivities, home of the “An Evening of Sparkling Wine & Holiday Lights” event, as well as Baytowne On Ice and a series of holiday concerts. Outside of scheduled events, the area’s holiday-themed lights and decorations provide a wonderful, walkable family activity, perfect for getting in the spirit of the season.
Whether you’re able to enjoy this seasonal spectacle in person or from the comfort of your own home, South Walton is wishing you and your family a healthy and happy holiday season.