The Walton County Tourist Development Council (WCTDC) has created an Emergency Response Plan in cooperation with Walton County Emergency Management and the Walton County Board of County Commissioners. The plan includes standard operating procedures in the event of an emergency including but not limited to hurricanes, fires, floods, tornadoes, dangerous surf conditions, earthquake, red tide, shark attack and terrorism among others.
One of Visit South Walton's roles in the event of an emergency is to disseminate information to lodging partners and the business community on behalf of the Walton County Emergency Operations Center (EOC). The EOC channels of communication are found below:
- Facebook: www.Facebook.com/WaltonCountyEM
- Twitter - www.Twitter.com/WaltonCountyEM
- Shelter and hotel info: http://FloridaEvacuates.com/
- Walton County Hurricane Tracking Chart: Download
- Hurricane information can be found on the Walton County Emergency Management website, www.WaltonCountyEM.org.
- To register for NWS and emergency alerts, please go to www.AlertWalton.org
Walton County Emergency Management
For more information, or to schedule a presentation at your place of business or community organization, please contact:
Jeff Goldberg - Emergency Management Director
75 South Davis Lane
DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435
Phone: (850) 892-8065
Fax: (850) 254-9638