Sip, Sip, Hooray! Eight South Walton Restaurants Receive Wine Spectator Awards
Walton County, FL - Eight South Walton restaurants were recently honored with Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards.
Seagar’s Prime Steaks and Seafood, located in Sandestin and Cuvee 30A in Inlet Beach both won the “Best of Award of Excellence” for their extensive wine offerings across multiple winegrowing regions and their high-quality presentation. They are the only two restaurants in Florida to receive the award. Wine Spectator designates them as “destinations for serious wine lovers.” Seagar’s Prime Steaks and Seafood has received this award since 2004, and this is the second year Cuvee 30A has been so honored by Wine Spectator.
The Bay, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar, Great Southern Café, Central Square, Café Thirty-A and Edward’s Fine Food & Wine all received the “Award of Excellence” for their attractive variety of wines along with a menu that offers a thematic match to the wines.
Wine Spectator spotlights restaurants with appealing selections of wine that match the cuisine and captivate their audience. Wine strengths, selections, pricing, corkage, cuisine type and menu pricing are all evaluated when determining winners.
Six other area restaurants also received Wine Spectator awards, including one in Destin, one in Pensacola, one in Pensacola Beach, and three in Panama City Beach.
For more information:
Wine lovers may also be interested in the high-profile wine events held annually in South Walton, including:
- 30A Wine Festival in Alys Beach
- Four days of wine, food, fun and charity in Alys Beach. Winemakers from all around the world share their passion with guests as they are treated to exclusive vintages. The seventh annual festival will be held in February and will benefit the Children’s Volunteer Health Network.
- Sandestin Wine Festival
- South Walton’s original wine festival, the Sandestin Wine Festival has been around for more than 30 years. The four day event is held at The Village of Baytowne Wharf each April. Guests can sample hundreds of wines from all varieties, styles and prices while listening to live music and shopping. The festival benefits two local charities, the Fisher House of the Emerald Coast and the Sandestin Foundation for kids.
- South Walton Beaches Wine & Food Festival in Sandestin
- Held in Grand Boulevard each April, the Sandestin Wine Festival is four days featuring more than 800 wines, a chef-inspired culinary village and educational seminars with industry experts and renowned chefs. The festival benefits the Destin Charity Wine Auction Foundation.
- Rosemary Beach Uncorked
- Now celebrating its 7th year, the Rosemary Beach Uncorked wine festival will feature wine, food and more. The festival will be Oct. 14 from 1-4 pm. The event is currently sold out, but tickets may be available through lodging partners. Proceeds will go to the Habitat for Humanity of Walton County.
- Seeing Red Wine Festival in Seaside
- Fodor’s Travel recognized the Seeing Red Wine Festival as one of the “Top 10 Can’t Miss Fall Wine Festivals.” Hosted in Seaside each November, this four-day festival features hundreds of wines, live music, and local restaurants showcasing their farm-to-fork offerings. This year is the festival’s 27th anniversary. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Seaside Neighborhood School and the Institute.
About South Walton:
Located along a 26-mile stretch of white sandy beaches in Northwest Florida, South Walton encompasses 16 distinct beach neighborhoods, each with its own visual style, amenities and charm. South Walton is home to four state parks, one state forest, and more than 200 miles of hiking and biking trails. Renowned for natural scenic beauty, turquoise waters and sugar sand beaches, South Walton was named one of the “Secret Florida Beaches” by Travel + Leisure, but is easily accessible as a drive to destination or by flying to nearby airports Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP) or the Destin – Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS). An upscale, yet casual place to unwind, South Walton is the place to recharge and build lasting memories. Learn more at VisitSouthWalton.com or follow Visit South Walton on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or Instagram.