Holiday Activities in South Walton
WALTON COUNTY, Fla. — Nov. 20, 2017— Temperatures are dropping, and the holiday season is in full swing in South Walton. Whether you are looking for outdoor activities or simply want to relax and enjoy 26-miles of sparkling white sand beach, South Walton’s beautiful weather and mild temperatures are sure to welcome you and your family for the holiday season.
“The holidays are a beautiful time to be at the beach,” says Visit South Walton Executive Director Jay Tusa. “With our mild weather, excellent culinary scene and the friendly atmosphere of South Walton, we’re helping families make memories to last a lifetime.”
Here are some of the holiday events being offered in South Walton for 2017:
Baytowne on Ice Nov. 1- Feb. 3
- Just because you are at the beach, doesn’t mean you have to miss out on ice skating! Now through February 3rd you can step out of your flip-flops and into a pair of ice skates at Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin. Enjoy 90 minutes of fun for only $11, skate rental not included.
Sparkling Wine and Holiday Light Festival Nov. 18 from 4-6 p.m.
- If bubbly and the holidays are two of your favorite things, be sure to check out the Sparkling Wine & Holiday Lights Festival where you can stroll the streets of Baytowne Wharf while sipping champagne and sampling tasty eats. Tickets may be purchased online for $40 or at the event for $50.
The Nutcracker at the Seaside Amphitheatre Nov. 18 at 5 p.m.
- The holiday season would not be complete without taking in a production of The Nutcracker. Local dancers will perform the holiday classic alongside a visiting ballet company for one night only. Admission is free and open to the public, chairs and blankets are recommended.
Festival of Trees at Grand Boulevard Nov. 21 at 4 p.m.
- Grand Boulevard is the place to be during the holiday season as area non-profit organizations compete for prizes as they decorate Christmas trees themed after their missions. Trees will remain on display through Christmas for public enjoyment. Admission is free and open to the public.
30A Thanksgiving Day 10K, 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run Nov. 22-24
- Burn off some calories before feasting on Thanksgiving! Race day begins Thursday at 7:30 a.m. in downtown Rosemary Beach. Runners are also invited to participate in the South Walton Sip & Stretch for a restorative yoga program and drink specials on Friday.
Turn on the Town at Seaside Nov 25 at 4 p.m.
- Combine the quaint atmosphere of this small beachside community with a dash of Santa and holiday magic and you’ll have the perfect holiday season kick-off. The event begins with the South Walton Holiday Parade followed by festivities and sing-a-longs hosted by Santa himself.
Coastal White Christmas Dec 1-30
- The Town Center of Grand Boulevard will be covered in thousands of shimmering white lights throughout the month of December. Every Friday and Saturday beginning December 1 you can also enjoy a free, horse-drawn carriage ride around the square while faux snowflakes fall on the Festival of Trees display and Carolers from the Emerald Coast Theatre Company serenade visitors with classic carols. The event is free and will take place from 5-8 p.m.
12 Nights of Lights Dec 6-30
- This December, enjoy a festive light show every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday leading up to Christmas. This sparkling event will also be featured in conjunction with Baytowne’s Wednesday Night Concert Series events with a dazzling light show and visits with Santa. Admission is free and open to the public.
Tuba Christmas Dec 9 at 5 p.m.
- At the Baytowne Wharf Event Plaza, you can enjoy some of your favorite holiday songs with a unique twist at Tuba Christmas! Along with the 30 person brass band there will be a stilt walker, balloon animals and fun for the whole family. Enjoy one the 12 Nights of Lights shows to conclude the evening. Admission is free.
10th Annual South Walton Elf Ride Dec 10 at 1 p.m.
- Wear your best elf-wear and gather at the Van Ness Butler Jr. Beach Access to walk, bike or skateboard the 1.5 miles to the Watercolor Fire Dept. Following the trek, a festival featuring visits with Santa, costume and bike decorating contests, Bruno’s Pizza and more will take place at the fire department! A gift or donation benefiting the South Walton Fire Dept. Angel Tree program is appreciated.
Every Christmas Story Ever Told (and then some) Dec 13-30
- Back for its 8th year, The Rep Theatre presents their take on all of your favorite holiday stories. The cast of local, professional actors provide fresh jokes, and will pull audience members in to make the performance even more interactive! The show is fun for the whole family, and tickets can be purchased online.
Sinfonia Gulf Coast Dec 15 at 7:30 p.m.
- Mary Wilson of the Supremes and the Sinfonia Orchestra will take the stage at Destiny Worship Center for one night only. Wilson’s act features a musical journey through the songs that made her famous as well as holiday favorites. Tickets available online.
Christmas Candlelight Tour & Open House Dec. 16 at 5 p.m.
- Enjoy the walk through the luminaries to the Historic Wesley House during this wonderful South Walton holiday tradition. After the tour is complete, guests can enjoy refreshments and vote on which of the rooms decorated by local businesses and organization have the best décor. Admission is free.
Holiday Pops Concert at Seaside Amphitheatre Dec 16 at 5p.m.
- You won’t want to miss this special symphony orchestra holiday performance. The orchestra will perform in Seaside for one night only, for a performance that is sure to wow the whole family. Chairs and Blankets are suggested.
Brunch with Santa Dec 17 at 8 a.m.
- Enjoy a delicious brunch selection from Havana Beach Bar & Grill and get your picture taken with Santa & his helpers at this year’s Brunch with Santa. Reservations are required, brunch menu option included.
Children’s Winter Workshop Dec 21 at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- Start your kid’s holiday off right at The Pearl, as they introduce the inaugural Pancake and Pajama Party. Kids can enjoy a pancake buffet & hot chocolate station, build their own toy, write letters to Santa and much more! Tickets are $35, reservations required.
Baytowne NYE Countdown Dec 31 at 6 p.m.
- Take part in a family-friendly evening from 6-8 with face painting, activities for kids and two fantastic fireworks displays. Dance your way into the New Year with live music on the Baytowne live stage until 1 a.m. Admission is Free.
Holiday Accommodation Specials:
Courtyard Marriott- Take 20 percent off when you book 3 nights or more. Rates include breakfast at Courtyard for 2 adults. Offer cannot be combined with any other discount and is based on availability.
Homeowners Collection- Stay 2 or more nights in select 1 bedroom cottages and receive the 3rd night free. Stay 3 or more nights in select 2+ bedroom cottages and receive the 4th night free. This special cannot be used in conjunction with other offers and is based on availability for participating cottages only. Not applicable to existing reservations.
Residence Inn- Enjoy 15 percent off when you book 3 or more nights. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts and is based on availability.
Rosemary Beach Cottage Rental Company- Book for 3 or more nights and receive 25 percent off with code 25DC. 30A Collection Properties up to 30 percent off.
Sandestin- Save 30 percent on 3 consecutive nights or more. Use Promo Code: SAVE30. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts, group or package pricing. Based on availability and not available for all room types. Restrictions and blackout dates apply.
Sterling Resorts- Enjoy a free $150 Publix gift card with every holiday stay. Applies to new bookings only, cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.