What You Need to Know Before Visiting South Walton
When traveling to Walton County, plan to take enhanced precautions to help stop the spread of COVID-19. This includes:
Plan ahead for your visit!
- Bring facemasks for you and your family to use when interacting in public spaces (some businesses may require masks for entry).
- Please understand that some restaurants may not be operating at full capacity, either as a precaution or because of staffing shortages. This may mean meals must be ordered to-go, or restaurant seating is not readily available.
Stay medically safe!
- Always practice safe social distancing, as recommended by the CDC.
- Follow the CDC’s best practices to stop the spread of germs: How to stop the spread of germs
- If you or your family are sick, please postpone your vacation until you are well.
- If you or anyone in your party has been ill with fever, chills, flu-like muscle aches, or loss of taste or smell in the past two weeks, please do not travel until you have been evaluated for COVID-19 in your local area and are cleared for travel, have NO symptoms, and it has been at least 7 days since any symptoms began.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, please do not leave your home until you have had two negative tests performed at least 24 hours apart and have been cleared by your local medical practitioner and health department to travel.
SWFD Beach Safety Division
- Please be courteous in your social distancing when interacting with SWFD Beach Safety lifeguards. Maintain six or more feet of separation when interacting with them or any other person outside your group.