COVID-19 Travel Updates
As local businesses take precautions related to COVID-19 in America, we are sharing information here to answer common questions being asked by visitors and those considering visiting South Walton. Our visitor center is temporarily closed, but we will continue to answer phone calls to the center.
- By order of the governor, all persons in Florida must limit their movements outside of home to only essential services or activities. A list of essential services and activities can be viewed HERE.
- Walton County beaches are open to the public, although there are restrictions in place. Learn more here.
- Beginning May 18, Florida restaurants can offer outdoor seating with tables spaced 6 feet apart, and may operate at a maximum capacity of 50% indoors by order of the governor.
- As of May 19, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis approved the Walton County Board of County Commissioner's vacation rental re-opening plan. Effective immediately, rentals are now available for bookings. The governor's full Phase 1 Re-Opening Plan can be viewed here.
- As part of that plan, vacation rental companies may not accept reservations from visitors coming from areas identified by Governor DeSantis as high risk for stays during the 45 day time period starting May 19. Currently, those areas deemed high risk are New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Louisiana. Any visitors coming from those areas are required by the governor’s order to self-quarantine for 2-weeks upon arrival (EO 20-82 and EO 20-86).
For the best scientific and medical guidelines, monitor the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov.
As we continue working diligently to help stop the spread of COVID-19, South Walton's beaches have re-opened to the public, effective May 1. For those visiting South Walton, please be advised that there will be some restrictions in place. CLICK HERE to learn how you can keep your family and the South Walton community safe.
As restaurants begin to re-open and transition back to in-restaurant dining (while following CDC guidelines) we'll update this list with new information. Some restraurants may only offer to-go options for now. For more information on what options local restaurants are offering, CLICK HERE.
As our community continues to adapt in the wake of COVID-19, we’ve seen local businesses, residents and visitors who love South Walton step up to help those in need, whether it’s raising money to feed first responders or to help restaurant workers who’ve lost their jobs. CLICK HERE to see how you can help support South Walton.
All accommodations within South Walton are now able to accept bookings. As properties re-open and adjust their operations to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, be mindful that enhanced sanitation and safety precautions will be in effect. Please be sure to check all information available through your rental company. For ongoing updates, CLICK HERE.
Based on recommendations from the CDC and the governor, limitations have been placed on large gatherings, leading local businesses and event planners to cancel or postpone upcoming events. For a list of event and activities updates, based on information provided to us, CLICK HERE.
If you can’t be here in South Walton, we figured we’d bring a little bit of the experience to you with our Virtual Beach Vibes series. This series is meant to support our incredible service industry stars, including artists, chefs and musicians. Catch a fun lively concert. Tour an art gallery. Or simply enjoy a sunset. CLICK HERE to see what's happening in South Walton.
Additional Official Resources:
CDC Information https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html
Florida Department of Health Florida Department of Health – COVID -19 Webpage
Walton County Department of Health: http://walton.floridahealth.gov/
Walton County Emergency Management https://www.co.walton.fl.us/1063/Emergency-Management