COVID-19 Travel Updates
As local businesses take precautions related to COVID-19 in America, we are sharing information here to answer common questions being asked by visitors and those considering visiting South Walton. Our visitor center is temporarily closed, but we will continue to answer phone calls to the center.
- By order of the governor, all persons in Florida must limit their movements outside of home to only essential services or activities. A list of essential services and activities can be viewed HERE.
- All 26 miles of beach in Walton County are temporarily closed to prevent the spread of COVID-19. This closure will be enforced by the Walton County Sheriff's Office.
- All Florida restaurants can only provide take-out or delivery (no on-site dining).
- Short term vacation rental operations have been paused by order of the governor, prohibiting vacation rental companies from making new reservations or bookings or accepting new guests for check-in.
- All persons entering Florida from areas with substantial community spread must self-isolate/quarantine for 14 days or the duration of the person’s presence in Florida, whichever is shorter.
For the best scientific and medical guidelines, monitor the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov.
Many of South Walton's restaurants are offering takeout and delivery options. For more information on what options local restaurants are offering, CLICK HERE.
Support South Walton
As our community continues to adapt in the wake of COVID-19, we’ve seen local businesses, residents and visitors who love South Walton step up to help those in need, whether it’s raising money to feed first responders or to help restaurant workers who’ve lost their jobs. CLICK HERE to see how you can help support South Walton.
Some properties allowed to do so by law are currently accepting reservations and operating under normal hours while others have made the decision to close their doors either by state mandate or in an abundance of caution. If you have specific questions about your rental, please reach out directly to the company you have booked with or are considering booking with. For ongoing updates, CLICK HERE.
Based on recommendations from the CDC and the governor, limitations have been placed on large gatherings, leading local businesses and event planners to cancel or postpone upcoming events. For a list of event updates, based on information provided to us, CLICK HERE.
Additional Official Resources:
- CDC Information https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html
- How to stop the spread of germs
- Travel Tips: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/faqs.html
- Florida Department of Health Florida Department of Health – COVID -19 Webpage
- Walton County Department of Health: http://walton.floridahealth.gov/
- Walton County Emergency Management https://www.co.walton.fl.us/1063/Emergency-Management