As local businesses take precautions to ensure the safety of visitors and residents and stop the spread of COVID-19, a number of events have been canceled or postponed until a later date. We'll regularly update this page with new information as it becomes available.
- The formal closure of Seaside's commercial went into effect March 21st at noon. A phased reopening began May 29. More information can be found here.
- Beginning June 26, 2020, the Seaside Commercial District will enforce a new curfew, closing the Commercial District at 8 p.m. Three full-service restaurants will remain open past 8 p.m. by reservation only: Bud & Alley’s, Pizza Bar and Great Southern. These restaurants will operate at a limited capacity and will require their employees to wear masks in addition to following stringent cleaning and safety protocols.
- A new process will be in place for how the commercial beach access is operated via a beach service. Details can be found here.
- All Seaside events have been cancelled for the summer, or until the governor lifts the state-wide ban on gatherings of more than 10 people.
- Alys Beach has closed the following amenities for the time being: Amphitheater and Splash Pad.
- Event Cancelations: Sinfonia Goes Pop and the Fourth of July Concerts and Fireworks Shows, the Alys Beach 5K & One-Mile Fun Run, and the rescheduled Digital Graffiti Festival (now postponed to May 14-15, 2021).
Rosemary Beach Uncorked: At this time we are going to delay ticket sales until later in the summer when we have more information on the evolution of the virus. Once we are able to make an informed up-to-date decision we will alert you via email of the new on-sale dates.
We are looking forward to the 10th Annual Rosemary Beach Uncorked and are hopefully optimistic that we will see you all November 7, 2020! Until then save the date and stay tuned.
The 30A Half Marathon and 5K scheduled for October 9-11, 2020 has been canceled.
- ArtsQuest Fine Arts Festival: Rescheduled for Oct. 10-11, 2020 at Grand Boulevard Town Center
- Under the Sea Fundraiser for UMA: Postponed until later date
- All workshops, classes and meetings at Bayou Arts Center have been postponed until a later date. The facility itself is also closed indefinitely.
- Foster Gallery at Grand Boulevard is open daily from 12-5 p.m.
Art in the Park: Postponed until a further date TBA
Florida State Parks: State parks are open, although currently operating with restrictions in place. For specific information about reservations or what to expect before visiting one of South Walton's state parks, click on the state park name below to learn more.
- Effective Monday, May 4, 2020: Deer Lake State Park is open for day use, 8 a.m. to sunset, for active recreation only, such as walking, jogging, swimming and fishing. Restrooms and trash cans are available, all other park facilities are closed. Normal park fees apply. Visitors are expected to maintain safe social distances of at least 6 feet apart and limit group size to 10 people.
- Eden Gardens State Park: Open for day use activities. House tours are unavailable until further notice. Restroom availability may be limited, all other park facilities are closed. Visitors are expected to maintain distances of at least six feet apart and limit group size to ten or fewer people.
- Effective Monday May, 4, 2020: Grayton Beach State Park trail access north of 30A is open for day use, 8 a.m. to sunset. Restrooms and trash cans are unavailable, all other park facilities are closed. No park fee will apply for trail access. Visitors are expected to maintain safe social distances of at least 6 feet apart and limit group size to 10 people.
- Topsail Hill Preserve State Park is open for day use activities. The beach and trails are available. Tram service to the beach is not available. Restroom availability may be limited. All other park facilities are closed. Visitors are expected to maintain distances of at least six feet apart and limit group size to ten or fewer people.
Retail and Activities:
Farmer's Markets have been deemed essential by the Walton County Board of County Commissioners. The Grand Boulevard farmer's market will re-open for business April 25.