5 Tips for Making the Most Out of South Walton Sunsets
Pull up your beach chair and grab a front row seat to the most spectacular show in South Walton. The beach is beautiful at any time, but if you have the opportunity to sit on the sugar-white sand and catch a stunning sunset over turquoise water, you can't miss it. And if you really want to get the most out of your viewing experience, we've got some tips for you:
1. Check the day's sunset time and weather forecast. Great sunsets aren't predictable with much accuracy, but there are a few factors that can increase your odds of seeing a top-notch one. One factor is mid- to high-level clouds, because low clouds can block the view. For the same reason, you want about 30-70% cloud coverage. Low humidity and winds also tend to contribute to a great sunset.
2. Seek out the best locations in advance. Are you looking for a photo opportunity or a great meal? Plan your location based on what you want to get out of it – beaches often have great sunsets, of course, but if you want added scenery or dinner and drinks to accompany it, you can have those too.
3. Scope out your spot ahead of time. Make sure you have the view you imagined before it's too late, especially if you're planning on taking photos. Give yourself enough time to move around or try another spot if yours doesn't work out!
4. Don't leave right at the scheduled sunset time. The best colors can often appear after the sun technically "sets," and as mentioned before, you can never be sure that a sunset will be great. Stick the whole thing out, just to be sure!
5. If you're able and you want to ensure peak sunset enjoyment, schedule your trip for October or February. You'll have a great shot at seeing the best sunsets around, and as an added perk, you'll be amazed at how great the weather is. There's a reason we say that summer never ends in South Walton.