South Walton is a hotspot for award-winning chefs and dynamite dining, but some unforgettable meals may be harder to find than others. Discover some under-the-radar South Walton favorites. We’ve listed 5 of our favorite Santa Rosa Beach restaurants below!
1. Crust Artisan Bakery — So much more than a bakery, this restaurant specializes in fresh, made-from-scratch fare. At Crust, you can pick up plenty of fluffy pastries and just-baked bread; you can also come in for a sit-down meal of wood-fired pizza, fresh seafood, or hearty pasta. Crust’s menu changes almost daily depending on what’s local and in-season.
2. Louis Louis — Owned by three brothers (two of whom own The Red Bar) and their father, this fun-loving New Orleans-style restaurant features a welcoming bar, outdoor patio, and intimate dining tables. Live music, happy hour, and daily specials make each visit special.
3. 98 Bar-B-Que — Passed down through three generations, this family-owned restaurant is known for its tender, smoky barbecue. Complete your meal with classic comfort food sides like potato salad, baked beans, or creamed corn nuggets. Save room for an order of 98 Bar-B-Que’s award-winning gumbo, too!
4. VKI Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar — Take a seat at the sushi bar or hibachi grill for an authentic Japanese meal. This husband-and-wife-owned eatery prides itself on serving the freshest ingredients. Maki rolls and more are presented beautifully; flowers and soft blue lights are often placed on platters for a romantic touch.
5. Bayou Bill’s — This long-time South Walton favorite has been serving fresh seafood, burgers, sandwiches, and famous slices of pie since 1986. Family-friendly and laid-back, Bayou Bill’s welcomes guests with a menu featuring everything from cocktails to kids’ meals. Make sure to take a picture with the giant alligator posing in the dining room!